Head, IT for Country, Large Markets
This position is the senior business partner to all Large Markets accountable for the strategic planning and delivery of IT digital capabilities. This role will partner with the Head of Large Markets as well as with the General Managers of singular and cluster markets to identify digital capabilities that have the greatest impact, identify simplification opportunities and jointly explore opportunities to foster innovation in the Commercial areas. The position develops the strategic framework and articulates tangible value in proposing high impact digital capabilities for Commercial partners. Hires and manages multiple Leads and Heads, IT for Country, on the IT for Commercial team across the large markets. This role will engage the appropriate IT matrix team to provide the technical expertise for solution delivery.
- Responsible for the hire and management of multiple Leads and Heads, IT for Country, on the IT for Commercial team across International markets/clusters.
- Responsible for the strategic planning of digital capabilities for large. The strategic planning will have a primary focus on commercial capabilities in support of sales, marketing and access. The strategic planning will have a secondary focus on the enablement and simplification of digital capabilities such as collaboration, workplace services and corporate functions.
- Responsible for the development of long-term (24-36 month) roadmaps identifying digital capabilities that have the greatest impact on the large markets. Leads development of comprehensive business case(s) to support business outcomes of new/upgraded capabilities.
- Responsible for developing strategic and collaborative partnerships with senior leaders in the large markets. Ability to become the trusted partner and advisor to all stakeholders in the large markets by demonstrating deep domain knowledge of the commercial business and related technology enablers.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and operation of the Digital Capability Governance process. Demonstrate the ability to identify core enterprise digital capabilities and appropriately evaluate the value of potential differentiating capabilities when making platform choices.
- Demonstrate matrix leadership of IT resources in other IT functions: responsible for ensuring that all IT functions are successful in their delivery of services to large markets. Key matrix IT partner functions include platform architecture, User Experience, software engineering, application support & maintenance, program management, information & data management, collaboration services, infrastructure services.
- Ability to lead the strategic planning and implementation of digital capabilities for a commercial business unit (i.e. sales, marketing, access) in multiple market/clusters.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and partner with senior business leaders.
- Strong experience with governance operations and demonstrated ability to evaluate the need to respond to the customer in a timely fashion with the strategic investments being made at the enterprise level.
- Capable of taking a proactive leadership role in IT Governance Forums and other IT leadership activities.
- Strong ability and comfort with matrix management in delivering digital capabilities. Matrix management includes business partners as well as multiple IT capability leaders in diverse, geographically dispersed environments.
- Ability to manage business process analysis and improvement including benefit estimation and post implementation metrics.
- Ability to scan technical landscape for leading edge business solutions and creates business case for support and application, including level of effort/ cost required to implement solutions / services, and facilitating risk assessments.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Strong financial experience with budget management and business case development.
- Multiple implementations of complex digital capabilities in pharmaceutical sales, marketing or access business units.
- International experience.
- Master's Degree and Years of Experience preferred (15+ years).
- Possesses deep knowledge of practices and leading technical solutions utilized in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Strong business knowledge with proven leadership abilities and excellent executive presence.
- Capable of leading teams across boundaries, working within a matrixed organization to drive progress and achieve or exceed planned results.
- Ability to deliver complex systems to one or multiple geographies and business units.
- Experienced in information technology and management, project and portfolio assessment, planning, systems development and business case development.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with key partners across the region.