Director, Program Management
Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing and developing innovative therapeutic products internationally.
HUYA Bioscience International is a development-stage biopharmaceutical company bringing innovations from China to global markets in multiple therapeutic areas. HUYA’s lead compound in oncology, HBI-8000, is in late stage clinical development in Japan and Korea as monotherapy for the treatment of hematological malignancies. In the United States, HBI-8000 is being developed in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors in solid tumors. The Company’s lead cardiovascular program, HBI-3000, is in Phase 1 in Europe. Two additional compounds are in early evaluation for oncology and cardiovascular diseases. More information can be found at www.huyabio.com
This position reports to HUYA’s Global Head Clinical Operations & Program Management. Responsibilities include providing global program management and matrixed leadership to global, cross-functional teams to drive development and deliver results in early to late-phase pipeline or marketed assets. He or she will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products across therapeutic areas.
This is an office-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYA functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include the cross-departmental, integrated global product team (GPT) strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication
- Works closely with clinical operations, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, CMC, pre-clinical and quality assurance to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan
- Lead key initiatives that have cross-functional impact that are critical to company objectives
- Creates and maintains high quality integrated project plans and timelines (e.g. Gant Charts) ensuring alignment between overall program strategy and cross-functional plans
- Communicates project status through monthly dashboards and other reporting materials. Includes collecting information and ensuring accuracy of reports
- Assists with risk mitigation planning. Escalates project issues and risk mitigations to executive management as appropriate
- Facilitates financial planning process by integrating input from functions and project teams
- Coordinates activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contribute to achieving partnership contract deliverables
- Supports department initiatives as needed
- Applies project management best practices and processes
- Collaborate with other departments to develop metrics and ensure the organization meets or exceeds these metrics
- May be responsible for direct supervision or line management
- Creates a positive and productive work environment for attracting and retaining highly qualified clinical professionals
- Perform other duties as required
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a working knowledge of all appropriate relevant regulatory guidance (e.g. ICH, FDA and EMEA)
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience leading cross-functional teams in matrix environment preferred
- Flexible and able to work independently to manage work priorities and follow tasks through to completion.
- Proficient with Project Management best practices and tools including MS Project
- Quick learner, goal oriented and results driven with excellent problem solving skills and ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Travel up to 10% of time on average, in accordance with company and/or project requirements
- Computer skill should include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- International experience is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- 10+ years of in-depth drug development experience in all phases of development. Experience within related functions (e.g. Project Management, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC) preferred
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
The position is full‐time and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYA’s Del Mar, CA headquarters.