Research Scientist, Cancer Biology/Immunology
Arch Oncology is an immuno-oncology company developing next generation anti-CD47 antibodies for the treatment of cancer. These anti-CD47 therapies represent a new class of checkpoint inhibitors that bridge the innate and adaptive immune systems to attack cancer. Arch Oncology has developed a functionally diverse antibody platform and is advancing a novel anti-CD47 antibody, AO-176, to the clinic that not only acts as an immune checkpoint inhibitor, but also selectively kills tumor cells (non ADCC). The team is a highly motivated group of experienced scientists and emphasizes a collaborative approach. Arch Oncology is funded by top-quality venture capital investors.
The Arch Oncology research labs are located in the Cortex Innovation Community in St. Louis, MO, near the Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis University. Arch Oncology also has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. This position will be located in St. Louis.
Reports To: Senior Scientist, Research
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Design and perform a variety of in vitro cell based assay experiments with tumor and immune cells to demonstrate functional characterisitics of antibodies.
- Perform other standard molecular, biochemical and biologic techniques associated with in vitro characterization of anti-cancer antibodies (ex. Flow cytometry, ELISA, Western Blotting, Cloning etc.).
- Identify and initiate development of potential biomarker assays for translation to clinical studies.
- Evaluate potential CROs for assay development capabilities and work with translational medicine to transfer assays to CRO for further development and validation.
- Interface with the translational team to ensure study alignment with clinical path.
- Present at laboratory group meetings and external scientific meetings and provide. materials/slides for other scientists at project presentations.
- Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature.
- Maintain thorough and accurate scientific records.
- The expected balance between lab and office duties is 75:25 respectively.
Position Requirements and Experience:
- Ph.D. with recent postdoctoral experience in cancer biology, pharmacology, immunology, translational medicine or Postdoc with 1-2 years of industry-related experience. Industry experience is a plus, but not firmly required.
- Strong scientific knowledge and research experience in cancer biology/immuno-oncology and experience with antibodies preferred but not absolutely required.
- Demonstrated excellence in experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills.
- Strong collaborative skills; well-organized; goal oriented; effective in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- A strong work ethic, drive, pro-activeness and ability to execute and multi-task activities with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-pace environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplifies honesty, ethics, and integrity.
Arch Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.