Associate Director/Director of Pharmacology/Toxicology
Calithera is seeking a Director of Pharmacology/Toxicology to oversee the in vivo evaluation of our novel small molecule oncology pipeline. The role requires broad experience in the development of small molecule anti-cancer treatments with relevant experience designing and implementing GLP toxicology studies in support of regulatory filings. The ideal candidate will be adept at interacting with various groups both within the company and external to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee strategy, design, execution of pharmacology and PK/PD studies in relevant rodent models to advance small molecule oncology programs
- Oversee the non-clinical safety pharmacology and toxicology for the Company’s programs at all stages of development from early discovery through NDA
- Design and conduct safety evaluation of small molecule programs to support clinical trials and registration
- Work independently to identify key experimental questions and solve experimental problems.
- Critically analyze data, provided data summaries for project team and senior management team, and recommend strategic and/or tactical adjustments based on the data when warranted.
- Be a key member of the multi-disciplinary research project teams.
- Independently design and execute experimental strategies to investigate drug and target-related toxicities and mechanisms of action.
- Be accountable for the oversight of key CROs.
- Be accountable for the preparation of documents for regulatory filings and interactions with partners and collaborators.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in pharmacology, toxicology or related discipline
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry (minimum of 5 years); oncology drug development experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
• Excellent verbal and written language skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Experience with managing studies conducted at CROs
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.