Senior Sourcing Analyst
Be part of the Theravance Strategic Sourcing team, manage a wide range of sourcing activities, including stakeholder and supplier engagement, spend data mining and analytics, contract review and negotiation, sourcing plan development and execution, cost savings tracking and reporting.
This role will also support management in executing the Source To Pay roadmap and key category strategies; while proactively identifying procure-to-pay process improvement opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support supplier performance strategy development, implementation, and management
- Deliver cost savings and cost avoidance by introducing business acumen, strategic sourcing approach, and good contracting and finance practice to the organization.
- Provide sourcing project support for the development and management of Request for Information, Request For Proposal, and Quarterly Business Reviews, including gathering scope and business requirement information, creating bid documents, gathering bid data and analyzing complex proposals for bid award recommendations.
- Review supplier contract proposals as the finance representation, partner with our legal department to deliver thorough and on-time contract review services
- Conduct industry/market analysis and identify trends
- Support and participate in Sourcing’s innovation and lean supply chain projects
- Assist Sourcing Manager in managing supplier relationships with focus on bringing resolution to both day to day and long term issues (i.e. pricing, product availability, sourcing projects)
- Research, analyze, and consolidate spend data from various resources; develop insight and propose sourcing project opportunities based on set analysis.
- Conduct cost analysis and benchmarking analysis
- Provide sourcing project support including management of Request For Information, Request For Proposal, and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Provide sourcing project communications and change management support.
- Manage savings project portfolio
- Coordinate supplier relationships and routine operations, and oversight of supply management for assigned categories including coordination with the functional owners and the supplier on-site representative
General Source to Pay Support
- Provide user training and day to day support for Source to Pay (S2P) operations including but not limited to supplier onboarding and master data management, requisition processing, etc.
- Works with suppliers and internal requestors to advocate and promote use of the Coupa S2P system
- Actively works to enhance knowledge of S2P system, processes and best practices
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and actively plays role in driving efficiency
- Identify and recommend process improvements across the Source to Pay (STP) process while ensuring compliance in accordance with internal controls.
- Support routine Sarbanes Oxley audits and close activities.
- Proactively develop, document and continuously improve S2P business processes and relationships
- 3+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, program management, or supply chain. Experience in life sciences industry (biotech, pharmaceutical, etc.) and outsourcing highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Must have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to influence without direct authority
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, excellent project management, collaboration, and communication skills
- Financial and business acumen capable of acutely identifying and effectively executing on savings opportunities, High energy level, self-motivated with the ability proactively and creatively problem-solve and execute upon recommended solutions with little supervision and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Must be customer oriented, flexible, team player, improvement minded, initiative taker, proactive, with good judgment and decision making ability
- Advanced data analytics skill sets and MS Excel is a must
- High familiarity with ERP systems and procure-to-pay business processes
- Excellent team interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple task/projects while providing superior service
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX (ERP System) and/or Coupa a plus
The incumbent may be required to sit for extended periods of time. May spend a considerable amount of time looking at the computer monitors and using his/her hands to operate office equipment.