Executive Search Manager, R&D
The AbbVie Executive Sourcing Lead role will focus on creating, building and executing a comprehensive end-to-end strategy for niche, high level and hard to find R&D talent. The Executive Sourcing Lead will manage a talent attraction strategy that will recruit key talent to our organization focusing on AbbVie's R&D Innovation Pillars of Oncology, Neurology, and Immunology, while also sourcing for roles in the Virology and General Medicine therapeutic areas. In addition, the Executive Sourcing lead will build the Medical Director pipeline for the enterprise critical roles within R&D.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Partner with AbbVie leadership to build, execute and manage a global recruitment strategy that will target very hard to find niche talent grades 21 and above.
- Serve as an expert for Project Leader, Medical Director and Scientific Director level recruiting, including mapping competitor companies in key areas for the company as well as name generation through internet searches, networking, and cold calling.
- Provide leadership and development to less experienced team members.
- Build long-term relationships with high level niche talent to attract them to our organization and present the talent to the leadership team.
- Conduct research, and perform in-depth talent assessments to cultivate qualified candidates.
- Compile and communicate the knowledge base, industry overviews, market trends, company profiles, and other competitive intelligence to inform decisions on strategy and plans.
- Leverage the Talent Proposition to create an exceptional candidate experience to attract the highest quality talent.
- Create and execute targeted marketing campaigns to build long-term relationships and brand recognition within key talent populations.
- Evaluate overall success and progress of initiatives via business engagement and implement changes to raise the bar on program performance. Providing strategic guidance and advice to leadership to ensure a successful program.
- Attend business driven conferences and conventions to source talent and build talent pipelines.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years professional recruitment, contingent and/or retained search experience.
- Ability to create and execute talent strategy for niche roles. This would include a strong understanding of lead generation techniques such as cold calling and internet mining.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Understanding of physician level recruiting and overall pharma R&D business
- Must have experience working in a complex and matrixed global organization.
- Experience in utilizing internet searching techniques to develop talent map/name generation.
- Strong experience in successful screening, initial contact, prescreening, interviewing, both in-depth phone and face-to-face with senior level candidates.
- Team player, flexible, sales mentality, high integrity, strong negotiating skills and the ability to multi task.
- Demonstrates a consistent track record of delivering results, often in the face of challenges or obstacles.
- Shows an entrepreneurial spirit and an appropriate level of proactivity to drive performance in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience recruiting talent globally.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled