Innovative Medicines Project Manager
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Associate Director Project Management Innovative Medicines - Immunoscience. Innovative Medicines at Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global development and commercial organization focused on Cardiovascular, Fibrosis and Immunoscience therapeutic areas. Innovative Medicines Project Management is focused on driving new drug development through facilitating cross-functional insight generation and optimizing paths to decisions through expert project management of drug development and the portfolio governance that oversees them.
- The Project Manager utilizes a variety of project management tools to build and sustain high-performing cross-functional teams.
- The Project Manager provides all project management support to the indication teams and works closely with the team leaders.
- The Project Manager ensures optimal execution against the plan.
- This requires an understanding of both scientific and commercial issues, as well as efficient resource utilization in a multi-project environment.
- The Project Manager maintains all project timelines and is responsible for communicating changes to the approved plan.
- Responsibilities include creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional project timelines, preparing internal team documents, authoring development plans and monthly reports.
- BS, MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD or other advanced degree in a physical or natural science with 7-10 or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in areas such as biology, chemistry, translational medicine, clinical development, pharmaceutical development, or regulatory affairs.
- Strong basic science understanding, familiarity with drug development, biomarkers and diagnostics.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required, and PMP certification is desirable.
- Level will be commensurate with final candidate's experience.
- Demonstrated drug development project management experience on cross-functional drug development teams
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence, negotiate, and drive organizational engagement. Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment where speed is paramount
- Ability to recognize, articulate, and accept calculated risks to make informed decisions
- Willingness and ability to effectively cooperate and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Strong experience with drug development and commercialization
- Excellent oral and written skills