Scientist, Compound Profiling
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Compound Profiling to be located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is growing with both new positions and capital investment. The department is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs and subsequent SAR studies of medicinal chemistry compounds up to NME within the Therapeutic Areas. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific leadership to the Compound Profiling team that executes weekly compound profiling using biochemical and cell-based assays that enable medicinal chemistry SAR studies.
- Ensure that global Compound Profiling activities are coordinated.
- Contribute to other activities within Screening beyond Compound Profiling.
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Manage external collaborations.
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
- Masters or PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, pharmacology or related areas is required
- At least 5 years of industry experience in biochemical and cell-based assay development in an HTS or in vitro pharmacology group is required
- Expertise with assay methods such as FP, HTRF, luminescence and SPA is preferred
- Hit triage experience is preferred
- Previous people management experience (supervising, coaching, mentoring) is required
- Publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are preferred
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry is preferred
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)