Products Business Line Leader
Eurofins DiscoverX is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and services to support drug discovery and development. Our portfolio includes profiling and screening services as well as a broad range of products including reagents and cell-based assay kits spanning three business divisions. The BioMAP division supports the BioMAP platform, an innovative, powerful and fully human in vitro phenotypic profiling platform that provides translational biology information and insights for drug discovery programs.
The Products Business Line Leader is a global leadership position focused on developing and delivering a strategy for growth and innovation of the products sold into the drug discovery and development market segment (Business Line).
Products Business Line Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and report on the revenue progression of the business line and implement actions to improve growth.
- Develop a clear understanding of the market and our competitive advantages.
- Structure the Business Line in a clear and attractive format with positive differentiators and as part of an integrated solution for drug discovery and development continuum.
- Develop positioning of the Business Line to support the commercial organization.
- Through the commercial organization, ensure web visibility of the Business Line portfolio in a meaningful way to the client.
- Develop and implement ways to improve the client’s experience.
- Propose new products/services and work with scientific and commercial teams for implementation.
- Propose KPIs and targets that are relevant to the specific Business Line.
- Define a 2 to 5 years’ business plan to double the business line revenue.
- Propose innovations that would continue our position as exclusive, pioneers in the Business Line segment.
- Propose and develop Global Centers of Excellence (equipment investment, sites focus).
- Overall responsibility for all revenue, commercial, and innovation components of the Business Line.
- Regularly reviews and approves financial reports, forecasts, deviation reports, and capex expenditures.
- Works closely with EPDS sales and commercial operations to meet financial objectives
- Works closely with EPDS innovation team to develop new products and services
- Works closely with EPDS General Managers to execute against site optimization projects
- Promotes Business Line by serving as a leadership role in external professional organizations and publications, as appropriate
- Assists in long-term planning and service diversification; including evaluation of potential licensing and out-sourcing opportunities
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in a science related field or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to build a cohesive team comprised of staff with a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to lead direct and indirect reports via matrix management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret most complex documents and financial data sets.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply principle s of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to positively interface with a client, regulatory and internal company base.
- Ability to travel with overnight stays globally
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with additional hours as needed. Candidates living within a commutable distance of Fremont, California area are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.