Eurofins DiscoverX is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and services to support drug discovery and development. Our portfolio includes profiling and screening services as well as a broad range of products including reagents and cell-based assay kits spanning three business divisions. The BioMAP division supports the BioMAP platform, an innovative, powerful and fully human in vitro phenotypic profiling platform that provides translational biology information and insights for drug discovery programs.
The Scientist III will be part of the Cell-Based Screening group supporting the entire screening operation at Eurofins DiscoverX. Responsibilities will include maintaining different mammalian cell lines and support cell based screening projects using liquid handling and automated plate readers. In a team setting, the scientist will be involved in troubleshooting & optimizing cell-based assays, and be the lead molecular biologist for cloning and DNA sequencing analysis.
Qualified candidates should have at minimum a B.Sc. in biological or physical sciences and 4-7 years of relevant experience. Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams are essential. Experience working in a cell culture lab maintaining mammalian cell lines and proven independence on molecular biology cloning/sequencing projects are required.
Scientist III responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Independently and routinely maintain multiple different mammalian cell lines (HEK293, CHO, U2OS etc.) following established SOPs.
- Provide pre-plated 384-well screening plates according to the screening needs
- Perform high-throughput cell-based screening assays using liquid handling instruments and plate readers (e.g. Envision or FLIPR)
- Provide initial data QC using Spotfire software
- In charge of supporting screening operation with transiently transfected crude protein extract.
- Leads and executes ad hoc cloning projects using Gateway and/or restriction-based cloning and routine sequence verification for large clone arrays.
- Being conscientious and active learner
- Good record keeping in lab notebook following SOP
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Skilled in assay troubleshooting
- Skilled in mammalian cell culture, biochemical and/or cell-based assay design, execution, and analysis.
- Skilled with data management and analysis software (i.e. Excel/GraphPad Prism or similar).
- Independent execution of standard cloning and molecular biology projects, including detailed DNA sequence QC using commercial software.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with data management, including databases and Sequencher DNA sequence analysis software
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- B.Sc. in biological or physical sciences and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a cell culture lab maintaining mammalian cell lines is required.
- Experience performing quantitative cell-based and/or biochemical assays is required.
- Expertise leading and executing routine molecular biology projects, including cloning
- DNA sequence analysis required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with additional hours as needed. Candidates living in the San Diego, California area are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.