Engineer, Energy & Reliability
The Energy & Reliability Engineer position reports to the Reliability Engineering Supervisor and is responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of the site Energy Management System (EnMS), Asset reliability program, and associated projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support all aspects of the site reliability program including asset criticality and maintenance strategy, execution of RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) assessments, perform root cause analysis on critical equipment failures, and implementation of non-intrusive maintenance strategies such as PdM, condition monitoring, and analytical modeling for increasing equipment availability Regular oversight and control of the EnMS, including executing engineering and economic analysis of proposed projects, optimization of existing systems, conducting internal documentation and system audits, and project management responsibilities. Participate in the AbbVie Energy Community of Practice and Reliability community of practice. Represent the site in assisting to develop a network wide energy & reliability programs. Provide Global Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy updates on site progress and energy consumption figures and asset performance metrics. Work closely with Project Engineering, Controls Engineering, Facilities and Site Operations, Maintenance, and Bioprocess Operations to fulfill primary job responsibilities, and will regularly interface with site top management regarding the status of the EnMS and Reliability program. Communicate with site personnel to increase employee engagement in the EnMS and Reliability culture.
- BS degree in mechanical (preferred), electrical, or chemical engineering with at least 4 years of engineering experience (preferably within a cGMP environment). MS degree in Engineering field with at least 2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with the development of asset PM, PdM, and condition monitoring strategies
- Experience with the development and execution of energy reduction projects
- The ability to work independently and support several projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment, possess excellent attention to detail, and be able to evaluate building systems (mechanical and electrical) to identify energy consumption and waste
- 2-6 years of engineering experience preferred (preferably within a cGMP environment)
- Certified Energy Manager and/or Reliability Professional
- Familiarity in RCM methodology and concepts
- Experience with the ISO50001:2011 Energy Management standard
- Experience with the design and operation of building utilities (including steam generation, chilled water, HVAC, electrical distribution, and GMP water systems)
- Work experience within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is highly desired
- Experience with renewable energy systems (photovoltaic, Combined Heat and Power, geothermal) is desired but not required
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop expertise in core job responsibilities, including teamwork and the ability to maintain constructive relationships with personnel from various disciplines at all levels in the organization.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate integrity, reliability, dedication, adaptability, innovation and self-motivation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled