Senior Research Associate – Protein Sciences
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking a qualified Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate who will play an integral role in moving our discovery research efforts into the clinic. We are seeking a talented and motivated team member to support our research efforts in developing our antibody-based immuno-oncology therapeutics. The candidate should have at least six years of industrial experience in production, purification, and biophysical characterization of recombinant proteins / monoclonal antibodies.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Production, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins using mammalian and E. coli expression systems
- Ability to analyze and present research data in team meetings as well as company-wide meetings. Organize data suitable for to scientific publications
- Troubleshoot and optimize assays through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, and ability to easily adapt to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a life sciences discipline with at least six years of relevant industry experience
- Expertise in protein production and purification techniques, including affinity chromatography, ion exchange, and size exclusion chromatography
- Strong understanding of the principals of monoclonal antibody characterization
- General knowledge of lab software systems for automated instruments
- Proficiency in using AKTA AVANT/ Pilot, Agilent HPLC, Janus robotic system, bench-top peristaltic pumps, and ultrafiltration/diafiltration
- Experience in standard protein analytical techniques including electrophoresis, Western Blot, ELISAs, Endotoxin assays, HPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry
- Motivation to learn and use new and emerging techniques for mammalian cell culture, protein production, and flow cytometry
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter and cv to email@example.com