Sr/Executive Director, DMPK
Silverback is seeking to recruit a Senior/Executive Director, DMPK with expertise in the development of small molecule and/or antibody-drug conjugates in a biotechnology setting. The candidate will be responsible for defining and executing Silverback’s DMPK strategy for discovery and development programs. As the DMPK leader, the incumbent will oversee key ADME, pharmacokinetic, and biomarker studies, and contribute to project strategy as an integrated member of project teams. The candidate, in collaboration with other departments in R&D, will design and conduct metabolite identification and other hypothesis-driven in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism studies to aid in lead optimization, candidate selection, and clinical development of novel immuno-modulatory therapeutics. The incumbent will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting DMPK and PK/PD data and disseminating and clearly communicating results in a multidisciplinary team environment. Responsibilities will also include contributing to documents for regulatory filings/health authority interactions, participating in TK analyses, and establishing first-in-human dose predictions. The incumbent will have a successful track record in progressing and transitioning programs through preclinical and clinical development. This position can be based in Silverback’s home office in Seattle or remotely within the US.
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 8 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in drug metabolism and PK in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting.
- Extensive hands-on experience in DMPK/ADME research and in defining the DMPK/ADME strategy for preclinical and clinical candidates.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully advancing small molecule and/or antibody-drug conjugate programs required.
- Experience across multiple therapeutic modalities, such as antibody-drug conjugates, small molecules, monoclonal and bispecific antibodies and immune-modulatory agents strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee activities conducted at CROs.
- Demonstrated capability to mentor staff and manage in a matrix environment.
- Experience in contributing DMPK components for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Passion and expertise for analysis and communication of data, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k)