Vice President, Biology
Reporting into the Chief Scientific Officer, the Vice President, Biology will lead the in vitro and in vivo pharmacology teams in the discovery and development of novel immunomodulatory therapeutics. The ideal candidate will provide leadership to enable drug discovery, from target identification through preclinical proof-of-concept and will operate in a matrixed environment that spans across multiple functions. He/she will be a recognized expert in the field of immunology and/or immune-mediated disorders, with experience in immuno-oncology preferred. The incumbent will have a successful track record in the progression and transition of programs from discovery to development candidate and in the management of teams and mentorship of staff. Deep, detailed plus broad technical expertise within in vitro and in vivo model systems for evaluation of mechanism of action and pharmacology of immunomodulatory therapeutics is a firm requirement. The incumbent will oversee the development and performance of the Biology department and ensure high productivity, growth and technical acumen to achieve current and future goals.
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with a minimum of 15+ years’ progressive experience in drug discovery in a biotechnology setting.
- Track record of successful initiation, execution and advancement of preclinical research programs.
- 5+ years in a senior role of building, leading and directly managing a team of scientists.
- Expert in drug discovery for immune-related diseases, including immuno-oncology, inflammation, and/or autoimmunity.
- Deep expertise in the design and execution of preclinical studies (in vitro, in vivo) for the development of immunomodulatory compositions.
- Experience in externally-facing roles, including interactions with key opinion leaders and partner institutions (academic, industry).
- Excellent leadership capabilities with demonstrated skill in building, guiding and motivating effective teams and fostering productive collaborations across an organization.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.