Associate Director, Program Delivery
As a member of the Business Technology Solutions Enterprise PMO, you'll be responsible for creating and executing services centered on staffing, assigning and oversight of project and program managers. In addition, you'll be accountable for supporting projects through initiation and planning to ensure projects are set up for success. Hire, contract, supervise and develop strong project managers. Manage contracts with PM staffing firms and targeted resources required for project delivery. Ensure PMs are maintaining accountability and compliance with standardization and governance requirements. Keep a pipeline of key program and project manager talent to reduce staffing times on key projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a process / service to provide the organization with acquiring the right project management skills for projects.
- Partner with BTO's and project owners to determine the required skills and competencies needed for a project; work with staffing vendors to assess skills and assignments.
- Onboard project managers and ensure they are trained in the AbbVie project management processes.
- Assist the teams through initiation and planning to ensure project is set up for success, if required.
- Oversee a mix of employee and contractor PM's assigned to project to ensure they are affective in their roles and assist with resolving project issues and risks.
- Responsible for ensuring projects move from project intake to initiation following BTS methodology.
- Staff qualified PM's on projects at time of initiation. Manage any performance issues with project managers.
- Create a labor strategy to support the annual plan and flex for unplanned work.
- As part of the ePMO leadership team, contribute to improving process, knowledge and delivery success.
- Facilitate milestone project performance discussions - status, mid-project reviews, postmortems - to gather and share best practices and identify improvement opportunities
- Establish clear performance expectations and provide constructive performance feedback and recognition
- Anticipate and resolve performance gaps quickly to keep project on track
Vendor Relationship Management
- Develop and execute preferred provider list and process for staffing firms, resulting in high quality project management resources at a competitive price. Partner with the Vendor Management Office
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of related business experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing several large enterprise programs of various types.
- Five years of management experience in project management capacity
- Five years of experience hiring, managing and coaching project managers
- Prior experience running a PMO is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to develop solid relationships across organization
- Proven communication skills; both written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Master's degree in business, IT, finance, etc.
- Project accounting knowledge
- Organizational change management experience
- Experience with multiple PPM tools
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled