Study Data Manager
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Study Data Manager
Position Purpose: To operate as the core representative for Clinical Data Management (CDM) on the study team, to be accountable for the leadership, planning, coordination of CDM activities, and the collection, review and management of data to ensure deliverables are met.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Leads the CDM study team and maintains oversight of all build, conduct and close activities for one or more studies, ensuring fit for purpose quality
- Implements study conventions, processes, knowledge sharing and best practices on assigned study(s)
- Effectively communicates study goals and status of work, including all requirements to CDM study team and stakeholders
- Shares knowledge using relevant forums and communication tools
- Manages CDM study deliverables, including timelines, risks and coordination of cross-functional tasks
- Identifies and escalates study issues appropriately and addresses corrective action plans
- Evaluates the impact of risks, and develops and implements mitigation plans at the study level
- Provides coaching and mentoring on sub functional activities to peer Study Data Managers (SDMs)
- Provides timely feedback to individuals and to CDM Management, and seeks ongoing feedback for personal development.
- Fosters teamwork
- Develops and maintains working relationships within and outside of CDM at the study level
- Contributes or leads sub functional or cross functional working groups and initiatives
- Adapts to change, E.g. new tools, processes and technology
- Maintains outsourcing relationships and oversight with partners and inputs to CRO selection participation & review of work orders & scope of work (SOW)
- Provides vendor performance oversight on an ongoing basis
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and moderate industry-related experience
- Moderate practical and theoretical expertise within his or her sub function.
- In-depth understanding of the business of his or her sub function and the wider CDM organization
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.