Customer Care Representative
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Customer Service Representative is primarily responsible for assisting the Customer Service and Inside and Field Sales organizations with problem solving, resolving order status inquiries, resolving customer service complaints, and any additional activities contributing to higher level support of customer needs. Responsible for handling more complex questions and problems from customers and from Customer Service Representatives and escalating to a Customer Service Specialist as needed. Follow up on customer complaints, questions, and product returns to ensure customer satisfaction.
The responsibilities of this position are to answer sales and customer calls for availability and order status, communicate and coordinate activities with customers, lab, shipping, and Sales Reps to get orders processed and shipped out.
- Primary point-of-contact to customer post-sale for non-technical problems and questions related to their order. Ensure customer’s needs and expectations regarding their order are met. Follow through with requests to completion or escalate to Customer Care Specialist when appropriate.
- Contribute to the maintenance of lasting relationships with customers through knowledgeable communication and proactive resolution of questions or issues.
- Manage all aspects of order cycle as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage work situations of moderate degree of complexity, which could impact company image and/or sales dollars and costs.
- Provide back-up to the Customer Service Representatives in the processing of customer orders at peak times.
- Provide non-technical product and pricing information to customers through phone, email or Live Chat
- Connect callers to appropriate departments as needed.
- Create and document service complaints in Salesforce for escalation/follow up as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s college degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing or other field, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum, a High School diploma is required with at least 3 years of relevant customer and/or sales facing experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, and a pleasant phone presence required.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and possess organizational and multi-tasking skills. Complete proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics AX or a similar Enterprise system and Salesforce.com, desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as computer entry and/or typing skills are required.