Associate Director, Alliance Management
Join bluebird bio's talented and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our Alliance Management efforts. As the Associate Director/Director of Alliance Management you will be responsible for contributing to efforts to establish excellence in Alliance Management at bluebird, and will be the champion of bluebird's recent oncology partnership with Regeneron. In this role you will act as an internal resource for Alliance Management best practices and will work with stakeholders throughout the organization to maximize the success of bluebird's highest priority alliance/partnered activities.
- Contribute to efforts to establish and implement Alliance Management best practices across the company in a manner that maximizes the impact of the discipline and positions bluebird as a partner of choice for future business relationships.
- Act as primary point person and ombudsman for the Regeneron alliance internally and with the partner.
- Establish and execute overall alliance governance, processes and protocols through collaborative dialogue within bluebird and with the partner.
- Assume operational responsibility for joint governance committee operations, for contractual compliance (including information sharing, roles/responsibilities), and for financial processes and controls.
- Partner closely with Program Team leadership to ensure bluebird is prepared for alliance interactions and strategic objectives of the alliance are met.
- Cultivate an effective working relationship and communications between partners.
- Monitor, anticipate and ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Audit the quality of the working relationship including annual "state of the alliance" surveys and periodic lessons learned.
- As appropriate, lead business development activities associated with alliance relationships such as supporting agreements, renegotiations, amendments and the like.
- Advanced degree, preferably in science or business, and 5-8 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years experience leading multi-disciplinary development teams in various stages of drug development (discovery, pre-clinical, clinical, approval, launch)
- Broad exposure to drug research, development, and commercialization activities in the US as well as abroad. Prior work in cell and gene therapy is a plus
- Experience leading organizational change and design/implementation of governance bodies
- Ability to facilitate resolution of complex business problems including fundamentals of financial valuation and structured decision making
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills. Highly effective at leading by influence in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work across diverse and dynamic set of deliverables
- Experience managing intellectual property considerations is preferred
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Must be a creative thinker with willingness to adapt, a good listener, and a team player and able to earn the trust and respect of a range of stakeholders
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself