Senior Manager, Operational Records Archiving
The Senior Manager is responsible for leading the team members, activities and initiatives for the AbbVie Archive. This department archives records from across the company, including business and GxP regulated records such as Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Regulatory and Safety. It ensures standards and requirements for metadata and records are adhered to.
This position drives strategic projects for continued alignment, improvement and development of the AbbVie Archive and its satellite locations.
The incumbent will serve as a leader for Archive staff and actively assist the Director of Records Management. This position will report to the Director of Records Management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage logistics for archiving records both onsite and offsite at vendor locations
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of client records
- Manage daily operations to include: record archival, client interface and team dynamics
- Will have direct report responsibilities, including Records Supervisor, Coordinator & Specialists
- Provide direction to staff, to include: hiring, setting performance expectation, feedback, development and handling of personnel issues
- Accountable for developing a high performing team
- Lead staff with regard to strategic and deployment alignment activities
• Manage local vendor relationships, and facilitate global vendor requirements.
- Prepare for and actively participate in regulatory agency inspections and internal audits both domestically and internationally.
- Actively align the archive teams in Lake County, Germany and the UK; drive for standardization across the teams
- Maintain a state of Quality Assurance within the Archive which includes enforcing quality processes, continuous improvement, process documentation, etc.
- Build and maintain a culture of quality minded employees focused on global and intercompany alignment with stakeholders and other records groups
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures and safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or High School diploma and 15 years of experience required.
Related certifications a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in a regulated industry such as, pharmaceutical, medical device, manufacturing, regulatory affairs or quality
- 4+ years experience in managing records or documents in a high volume setting such as a library, quality assurance, document control, archival services, document shredding, and etc.
- 4+ years of management, project management and/or global team deployment/oversight experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience working in a complex and matrixed environment required
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication and interacting with people at various levels of the organization and across global locations
- Experience in managing operational logistic organizations
- Experience with project management
- Mastery level experience with document or record archiving IT system(s)
- Excellent organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled