Sr Institutional Territory Business Manager
Achieves sales objectives in assigned institutions/hospitals by developing and executing an effective sales plan and generating prescription demand for assigned products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes local business plan to increase market share by outlining strategic drivers, tactics, and applying resources to appropriately promote assigned product(s) to health care providers, hospital administrators, key influencers and ancillary hospital staff along the patient continuum within a geographically defined area.
- Develops and executes innovative strategies to reach difficult to access health care providers and accounts in a compliant manner.
- Develops and leverages strong professional relationships with customers in clinical practice, pharmacy department, pharmacy and therapeutics committee (P&T) and other key influencers to encourage formulary access and product availability throughout the Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), health-system or individual hospital.
- Works collectively with matrix and alliance team members to arrange approved promotional programs, displays and hospital initiatives that will effectively and compliantly promote assigned products.
- Establishes and maintains excellent communications and sound working relationships with matrix and alliance team to facilitate the sale of assigned products and enhance customer relations at the territory level.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of disease state, BMS products and relevant competitor products, including: product characteristics, mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, safety, access/affordability & reimbursement services and payer/formulary
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Experience as full time Institutional Cardiovascular sales representative or prior account management experience working with health systems, hospitals and medical groups is strongly preferred.
- 5 years of healthcare sales experience or transferable skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed sales objectives.
- Experience at identifying, engaging and establishing rapport and credibility with key decision makers such as health care professionals, hospital administrators and others involved in the patient continuum of care.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and understand industry trends to build business plans and grow the business in assigned territory.
- Strong clinical selling and business acumen skills
- Experience cultivating collaborative relationships with matrix and alliance teams in order to accomplish shared objectives.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity at all times
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the territory epicenter or within 50 miles of an assigned hospital in the geography.
- Management retains the right to change the job specifications (may include grade level and salary range) and provisions of this job as appropriate. In addition, we reserve the right to place candidates in positions at levels commensurate with their depth of knowledge around the following competencies: Product and Disease State Knowledge, Market and Industry Knowledge, Sales Resource Utilization, Selling Skills, and Business Planning.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.