Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Immunologist with expertise in immunology and cancer biology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics for the treatment of hematological disorders and solid tumors. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of T cell biology in addition to extensive experience with mammalian cell culture. Experience with current molecular biology techniques used for editing and engineering of lymphocytes is highly desired. This position will be a key member of our cancer immunotherapy team and will assist in performing and analyzing studies involving in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo testing of Fate Therapeutics’ novel cellular therapy products. This is a full-time, bench-level position reporting to a Senior Scientist in Cancer Immunotherapy and is located at the Company’s corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Optimization of protocols for the production and expansion of highly-edited CAR-T cells
- Assessment of CAR-T phenotype through multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Assessment of CAR-T function using standard in vitro assays looking at proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, and target cell killing
- Cloning of constructs, lentiviral production, and editing of primary T cells
- Support programs at Fate in the areas of tumor immunology and cellular based immunotherapies
- Presentation of data to immunology groups and larger program-specific teams
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology or Molecular Biology or other related fields with at least 3-4 years of post-doctoral experience
- In-depth experience in executing and developing immunological assays utilizing primary human T- and/or NK-cells
- Experience in current molecular biology techniques for editing and engineering of T cells
- Experience with in vivo tumor model development is desirable
- Experience with cell-based screening, particularly genetic screens utilizing genome-wide CRISPR approaches is desirable
- Proven ability to coordinate with multiple researchers for scheduling and execution of complex experiments
- Excellent communication and organization skills are a must
- Positive outlook and a team-oriented attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Will require working with hazardous materials
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as necessary
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code 212EP.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.