The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of all people through medical research and education in neuroscience, cardiovascular biology, immunology, and stem cell biology. Home to notable leaders in science and biomedicine, Gladstone comprises four institutes as well as various centers and programs. All of its approximately 500 members are aligned in their mission to carry out or support science that overcomes disease. Located in an award-winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program. It provides an ideal environment for those seeking to maximize and fully leverage their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
The research technologist will perform molecular biology and biochemistry experiments for proteomics research. This will
include cell lysis lysates, protein purification and separation, sample cleanup, mass spectrometry data acquisition and
analysis. Additonally, this individual will asssit in mass spectrometry instrument quality control, operations, and
- BS in Molecular Biology or a related science.
- Two or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 or more years of experience in the maintenance and operation of mass spectrometers
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with students, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks routinely (pipetting, running samples, etc).
- Exceptional equipment use and protocol habits.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Computer literacy with particular experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Capable and interested in mastering new laboratory skills