The San Francisco Coordinating Center is a non-profit, academic research organization with over 20 years of experience in conducting multicenter studies and clinical trials. The Coordinating Center is a collaborative enterprise among researchers from the CPMC Research Institute and the UCSF School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
The Coordinating Center has a large repository of data, biospecimens, radiographic images and genotype data from our long term studies on important health outcomes.
The San Francisco Coordinating Center (SFCC), a collaborative enterprise among researchers from the CPMC Research Institute and the UCSF School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, is hiring a Data Manager/Statistician.
- Data management for a large clinical trial designed to test an intervention to prevent hip fractures in those with Parkinson’s disease
- Provide statistical assistance to study investigators for a number of projects at the Coordinating Center that focus on various conditions in older adults including sleep, muscle loss, osteoporosis and dementia
- Complete standard analyses using common software packages
- Provide data tables and figures for manuscripts and may contribute to writing of these papers. Data management tasks include variable creation, documentation, and interfacing wth RedCAP and electronic medical records systems
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively in SAS and other common statistical methods and software packages; experience with RedCAP is a plus
- Experience applying several of these methods in a real-world environment
With input from supervisor and investigators, the incumbent will translate research questions into testable statistical hypotheses.
Master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or closely-related field strongly desired. BA/BS required.
More information about the SFCC can be found here: http://sfcc.ucsf.edu/.
Click 'Apply' to submit resumes to: Amelia Cervantes