Director, Regulatory Affairs
Join a team bringing innovative algae ingredients to the market. Corbion is the global market leader in food ingredients including its newest product line, algae ingredients. We are a mission-driven company developing sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Corbion’s Algae Ingredients business is based in South San Francisco and leads the industry in developing new applications and markets for algae-based products. We have a range of sustainably produced algae products that deliver breakthrough innovations for human and animal nutrition.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to join an international team of regulatory professionals to lead the expansion of algae-based products in the market. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic commercial team and world class researchers to bring new algae products to the market.
- Oversee and support global regulatory compliance of all product development, evaluation and/ or marketing to ensure compliance with US and international requirements
- Work with multidisciplinary project groups in meeting established objectives; prioritize projects to meet internal and external deadlines; and provide regulatory guidance to project teams regarding development, evaluation, or marketing of products
- Lead the preparation and submission of US and international regulatory filings and applications, including dossiers and product registrations
- Manage the daily operations of the regulatory affairs team and oversee the assignments to outside regulatory contractors
- Oversee and support responses to technical enquiries from internal team members and external customers; provide current and accurate product-related information to address internal and external needs
- Oversee and participate in the collection and maintenance of data and other documentation related to regulatory compliance activities
- Monitor and analyze current and pending US and international regulations for food and animal feed and assess their impacts on Corbion’s interests
- Represent Corbion at key industry regulatory and trade association meetings
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology/Life Sciences or a related discipline, Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) or Masters in an applicable Regulatory discipline is desirable
- 10+ years industry experience in Regulatory Affairs or related discipline with emphasis on food & nutrition and/or animal food and feed
- Experience with US, EU, Brazil, Asia and other international areas desirable, but not required
- Strong ability to understand and interpret food and feed regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to lead a team and work as a team member within a fast pace global interdisciplinary team
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.