Senior Research Associate - Preclinical Pharmacology
Senior Research Associate, Preclinical Pharmacology – Discovery Biology Position
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate to support our mission of targeting E3 ubiquitin ligases in the areas of oncology and immunology. The ideal candidate will have expertise in small molecule PK, PD, and efficacy studies in oncology or immuno‐oncology.
You will work closely with our drug discovery project scientists on early and late‐stage lead optimization of novel compounds to support PK profiling, dose and schedule optimization, execution of PD biomarker assays, in vivo efficacy, and characterization immune cell phenotypes by flow cytometry.
You must be self‐driven, organized, able to work well with project scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting environment in a rapidly‐growing company.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Immunology or related field with 8+ years of industry experience
- Expertise dosing small molecules and collecting samples for rodent PK studies required
- Excellent hands‐on in vivo skills: IV, PO dosing, tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Skilled at PD biomarker assessment by multiple techniques (e.g. Luminex, Western, flow, etc.)
- Experience with xenograft or syngeneic tumor models
- Proficiency with cell culture preferred
- Experience or expertise in flow cytometry desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work productively in a highly dynamic environment
Fit with our Culture and Values
- Team orientation; highly collaborative; solutions and results‐oriented focus
- Strong scientific curiosity and initiative; hands‐on and resourceful
- Self‐driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Apex is a science‐focused company that is committed to bringing novel, first‐in‐class therapies to patients. Apex is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating E3 ubiquitin ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation – a function vital to the healthy life of a cell – offering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas.
Apex’s scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform to identify selective
inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the development of novel therapeutics that can restore normal cellular homeostasis.
Apex was founded by internationally recognized experts in the UPS field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. In 2015, Apex entered into a multi‐year strategic collaboration with Celgene to discover and develop next‐generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno‐oncology.