Scientific Project Manager, Team Lead
Scientific Project Manager Team Lead
About the role
We are looking for a leader of our project management team. The successful candidate will be working in a specialized team dedicated to the isolation and manufacture of custom-made antibodies for external customers. This team is a dynamic global group that delivers a high standard, scientifically-supported approach to antibody discovery. The successful candidate will work closely with our senior leadership of the Global Custom Service Teams, as well as with the Business Development and Commercial Partners, to design and support overall custom antibody development strategies. A major part of the role will be coordination of multiple custom antibody development projects and their associated assay cascades, including direct management of a portfolio of projects, customer communications and interaction with scientific teams. The person appointed will also be responsible for project costing and revenue forecasting, financial report coordination, invoicing and liaising with financial business partners to provide necessary information.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced project manager with scientific and business acumen!
About Custom Antibody Development Teams at Abcam
You will be a member of a dynamic global team of scientists located in Burlingame, CA, Branford, CT and Cambridge UK. Our team delivers tailor-made recombinant antibody solutions to exacting specifications that are derived using RabMAb® technology, our patented antibody technology for the development of high quality rabbit monoclonal Ab; Next Generation Sequencing or AxioMx™, our phage display platform. Many pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies have benefited from our custom antibody development, using them in various applications including translational research, IHC, and in vitro diagnostics. As part of the team you will oversee the PM team in Burlingame but interact with the wider global team and associated groups.
- Provide Input to and support of Custom Antibody Development team strategy
- Contribute to and implement Custom Product and Licensing strategy in collaboration with business and commercial development teams at Abcam
- Set and monitor key performance indicators, including monitoring costs, project progression timelines, budget, revenue, forecasting and on-time raising of invoices
- Lead best practices in customer communications and align global sites for documentation and process
- Oversee projects to leverage operational excellence in all aspects of Custom Antibody Development team business
- Monitor and report project progression, liaising between laboratory teams, ensuring effective scheduling and data reporting to the customer
- Champion implementation of LIMS and ERP system
- 20% travel possible
- Ph.D. or equivalent in biological sciences or related field
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Strong scientific background
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- PhD in immunology, genetics, molecular biology or related discipline
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Experience of antibody discovery and high-throughput assays, preferably in Bio-Pharma Sector
- Business knowledge and financial tracking
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The successful candidate will have experience communicating and working within global teams, will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contribute to project teams. The candidate possesses strong communication, organization, attention to detail and leadership skills. The successful candidate will be naturally self-motived and thrive in a fast-paced environment.