Sr. Research Associate - In DMPK
As a key member of our research group, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting in vivo pharmacokinetic (PK) studies in mice/rats in support of the research programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan and implement in vivo PK studies (including all in-life phases of animal studies) in collaboration with research scientists.
• Perform routine in vivo PK procedures such as dosing, sample collection, animal health monitoring and study documentation.
• Work closely with the in vivo pharmacology team to support ongoing efficacy studies.
• Occasional participation in rodent husbandry and other vivarium duties.
• Occasional weekend/holiday coverage for the vivarium/in vivo pharmacology team.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
• Strong animal handling skills. Excellent proficiency in various dosing routes to rats and mice (including oral gavage and intravenous injection) is an absolute requirement.
• Blood collection from cannulated rats, and from rats/mice by retro-orbital, tail vein or cardiac bleeding.
• Harvesting of different tissues/organs from mice and rats.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently to execute in vivo studies, effectively document findings and follow all relevant regulations and current practice standards in regard to animal welfare.
• Must have good interpersonal and communications skills; able to work effectively with variety of people; high degree of professional integrity; strong work ethic.
• At least 3 years vivarium experience and familiarity with working within an animal research facility.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.