Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
- Develop and implement cell biological and biochemical assays to support identification and validation of receptor-mediated uptake of therapeutic oligonucleotide conjugates
- Evaluate interactions of synthetic oligonucleotide and oligonucleotide conjugates with cell surface proteins
- Conduct independent studies to elucidate mechanisms of antisense oligonucleotide cellular activity
- Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Pharmacology or related field with 2 or more years post-doctoral or work experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Deep background in cell biology and biochemistry, experience in receptor pharmacology and/or membrane protein biology, strong bench skills and a dynamic approach to problem solving. Experience and comfort with assay development, diverse cell biology techniques, and a knack for picking up new skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as an excellent track record of publications
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with teams and partners
- Ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision for converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Hands-on laboratory-based effort will be expected
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 18-0200
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.