Balto Pharma, a biotech startup, is focused on the discovery and development of innovative therapeutics designed to disrupt signal pathways in cancer cells. Balto is seeking highly-motivated individuals with molecular biology, cancer biology and/or mouse experiences. The successful candidate will play an integral role as a team member of the research group. After initial training, you will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in the team meetings with minimal supervision.
- Execute and document analytical methods to study and characterize molecular interactions
- Maintain, calibrate and operate research instruments and general research environment supporting R&D
- Assist in the development of operating procedures, analytical test methods
- Write, review and edit accurate technical documents
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance development of therapeutic products
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor or Master's degree in biochemistry/molecular biology degree in cancer biology, microbiology or related fields
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in similar role in a bioresearch laboratory
- Bench experience with molecular cloning, cell culture or protein analysis
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Experience with other techniques such as mammalian tissue culture and animal studies is a plus
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, record keeping and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications are essential in the collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust work load based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- While most of the schedule will be during a standard work-week, there will be weekend and afterhours work required
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs.
Candidates with PhD or MD degree in cancer biology with relevant postdoctoral experience are also encouraged to apply for more senior positions. Part-time employment would be considered, especially for those who wish to pursue graduate studies in biomedical sciences.
Balto Pharma is located in beautiful South Pasadena, California, with a short distance to major educational, cultural and recreational centers in the Los Angeles area.
Submit CV and contact information of 3 references