Sr Administrative Assistant – Legal & Finance / Biotech
The position of Sr. Administrative Assistant will support the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer. In addition, this position will provide administrative support to a couple other members of the Legal Department. This position will also be involved in and help coordinate corporate projects and initiatives. The successful incumbent will be self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills, technical skills, and the ability to build professional relationships. The individual must have the ability to work independently and also as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through are essential for this job. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- May be asked to manage certain communications (e.g., emails, phone calls), including redirecting calls, and appropriately responding to urgent inquiries from company leadership, external stakeholders and other constituencies.
- Provide meeting and event coordination, on- and off-site, including reservations and attendee communication, setting up audio and video conferencing, as well as catering and preparation of meeting and program materials.
- Support and execution of travel activities: prepare and coordinate travel, including accommodations, and compile, submit, and track expenses for the General Counsel, Vice President, Human Resources, and other designated individuals.
- Interface effectively and respectfully with employees and internal and external contacts.
- Handle information and documentation appropriately and effectively.
- Establish, update and maintain files, inventories, and records (paper and electronic, and other platforms as needed).
- May be asked to proofread documents and materials and correct as necessary and/or compose routine correspondence using predetermined formats.
- Maintain multiple Outlook calendars and recurring meetings; prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
- Provide clerical support as necessary, including filing, faxing, copying, collating, and shipping.
- Order and maintain department supplies and equipment.
- Be a strong team player and support colleagues as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Ability to present themselves in appearance and conversationally in a professional manner at the executive level.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and on-line meeting applications.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely poised individual that can interact with C-level leaders
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Significant Contacts
- Interacts with other company Executives and employees, and across the company's visitors, and investors
- College degree, or equivalent experience desired
- A minimum of 7 years of administration experience, preferably in a life science, biotechnology (or other high-tech), pharmaceutical, health care or other service sector company environment
- Executive administration experience desirable
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment is a plus
- Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds