Program Lead, External Opportunity Assessments and Evaluations
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The main areas of responsibilities include the following:
Primary Activities: Due diligence assessments, preparation of Clinical Development Plans (CDPs), pro-active communication to forums and to leadership, presentations at internal/external forums (e.g. governance meetings/banks/biotechs), participation in biotech (JPM, BIO) and scientific conferences
Responsibilities in scope:
- All clinical activities related to due diligences for M&A, Licenses, divestitures and alternative financing opportunities, including competitive processes (Out of Scope: Clinical Collaborations)
- Ensure delivery of highest quality and rigor in clinical assessments and clinical development plans on behalf of the organization
- Be familiar with the overall development plans and status of all programs across the both the EDT and FDT (not limited to the specific assigned/project level indication(s)).
- Assess, navigate and integrate inputs from key internal disciplines and stakeholders, especially functional and clinical Program Leads.
- Enhancing the Oncology Clinical Development partnership between with Business Development (Search & Evaluation, Transactions, and Licensing/Acquisition Teams), Commercial and broader R&D organization to support comprehensive assessments of external opportunities including new platforms and assets for the Oncology Franchise.
- Work closely with commercial teams to build critical insights to inform the Clinical Development Programs as they relate to Target Opportunity profile (TOP) and Expected Product Profile (EPP)
- Liaise with members of multiple teams including CI, Forecasting, Market Research, Finance, etc. to evaluate the opportunities and recommendation for assets and companies under consideration for investment
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional, cross tumor teams to contribute to market insight and integration within the tumor strategy
- Represent Clinical Oncology at biotech (BIO/JPM) and scientific conference meetings with external companies; including speaking engagements
- Establish strong partnership and interfaces with the external companies.
- Build a future forward view of disruptive technologies and next-generation assets and platforms with recommended key actions to inform BD strategy
- May also provide medical and scientific expertise to BMS colleagues in drug discovery, labeling, regulatory, outcomes research, and marketing/commercial departments.
Desired Background and Experience
- MD, PhD, Pharm D with a background in clinical oncology and a deep understanding and direct experience in oncology clinical development. Preferably some experience in business or business development specifically, either in training or experiential. At least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Program Lead has demonstrated excellent skills in Clinical development strategy including the clinical components of regulatory submission(s).
- Program Lead has demonstrated leadership in the design and execution of multiple clinical trials (e.g. significant experience as a senior clinical leader), and exhibits all of the following attributes:
- Able to synthesize internal and external data to produce a clinical strategy.
- Able to work with other stakeholders to ensure a robust enterprise level strategy for asset(s) and indication(s) including early, late and post-marketing development.
- Program Lead has demonstrated sustained excellent performance as Senior Clinical Lead or equivalent.
- Verifiable track record of successful people management and development, or leadership in a matrix team (e.g. mentoring junior colleagues).
- The development of a resilient attitude, positive embrace of change and unwavering commitment to our People Strategy are expected.
This position will be based in the Princeton, NJ area.