Research Associate - Bioanalytical Development
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate to join our team with experience in biologics-related bioanalytical assays.
- Design and develop a broad range of bioanalytical assays including lmmunoassays (PK, ADA and occasionally biomarkers) for protein and antibody based therapeutics in compliance with GLP andregulatory guidance to support clinical and early development studies
- Responsibilities of the position include receiving and testing of non-GLP samples, planning experiments, performing assay troubleshooting, interpreting data, establishing and updating assay methods
- Design and execute experiments independently; record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
- BA/BS in biology-related discipline and 2-3 years of laboratory experience
- Experience in developing, troubleshooting, and validating PK, ADA, and Neutralizing immunoassays in a GLP/GCP regulated environment using ELISA and/or MSD platform. Experience with other assay platforms (LCMS) is a plus
- Maintain accurate comprehensive documentation of internal data and communicate progress periodically to supervisor and project teams
- Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
Nice to have:
- Experience with cell based assays
- GLP experience
- Presentation skills for both small and large groups
- Hands-on experience in labeling proteins and antibodies
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"