Associate Director, Mature Brands Organization
The Associate Director, Mature Brands Organization is responsible for all core marketing responsibilities and business processes.
- Manages P&L responsibilities for brand specific sales and promotional budgets. Conceptualizes and implements lifecycle management strategy for brand.
- Ensures optimization of brand P&L.
- Builds and develops high performance brand team.
- Provides input for business development/alliance projects.
- Lead marketing person of a product/brand and manages brand/functional area.
- Direct reporting relationship to Marketing Director/ General Manager.
- Leads and develops strategic business plan and refines segmentation, targeting, and positioning for key brands.
- A pplies market dynamics and industry trends to analyze the product forecast (financial & production).
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Develops and articulates effective, executable marketing strategies and tactics that are clinically/financially supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Creates high-impact promotional material that supports strategic objectives.
- Manages advertising, promotion, and other projects within assigned budget.
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively negotiates projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines).
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources (MD/Channel level data, audits/secondary data and primary research).
- Uses appropriate data sources to evaluate effectiveness of promotion (ROI/share impact analysis) and develop business strategy.
- Effectively directs research team efforts in primary research projects
- Displays aptitude to learn, resourcefulness in unique markets, and builds on positive MBO culture.
Accountability / Scope:
- Significant decision making requirements that effect the brand (s) in the Mature Business Organization Portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field. Advanced degree and previous sales/marketing experience required.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically,
- Multiple therapeutic experiences and proven cross-functional team success
- Multiple experiences within commercial (Brand, MHC, Sales, BD, NPD)
- Management experience (direct reports or cross-functional team).
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functional teams to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the "essence" and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled