Associate Director, Global Commercial Development, Alzheimer's and PSP
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of key assets in AbbVie's pipeline. We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director, Global Commercial Development, in Alzheimer's and PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy), who is interested in contributing to AbbVie's emerging area of focus and growing with the organization. The Associate Director will report to the Director, Global Commercial Development, Alzheimer's and PSP and will be based in our offices in Lake County, IL.
Neuroscience is an emerging area of focus for AbbVie with dedicated Research and Development efforts in the areas of Alzheimer's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's Disease. AbbVie has dedicated Discovery efforts in 3 locations- Lake County, IL, Cambridge, MA, and Ludwigshafen, Germany. The goal of the Discovery efforts is to bring together the best of academic and biopharmaceutical research to establish a deep understanding of neurodegeneration biology so as to identify the best targets and translational tools that improve probability of success. AbbVie has several exciting Neuroscience assets already in Phase 2, in addition to dedicated efforts to further broaden the portfolio with external assets.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Key contributor to the development of commercial strategies for Alzheimer's and PSP pipeline products and other potential Neuroscience adjacent indications.
- Champions the Integrated Brand Management Strategy (1-7-5) and associated key deliverables at all levels based on the asset timeline, milestones and affiliate touch points.
- Leads the development of key aspects of the Integrated Brand Management Strategy including patient journey 2.0, stakeholder solutions, brand naming, positioning and target product claims, ensuring a high degree of cross functional and regional collaboration and alignment and makes recommendations to leadership
- Makes recommendations on market research objectives and designs as well as other innovative approaches to inform projects and strategies. Interprets research findings and draws appropriate insights based on the results.
- Conducts market analyses to inform recommendations for key segment value drivers, growth opportunities, target product profiles, geo-strategies & revenue potential
- Identifies, analyzes, and translates relevant clinical and landscape data, as well as competitive intelligence, to inform the development of asset strategies.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external partners, collaborating effectively across the NS matrix to ensure team success.
- Leads and collaborates across R&D, Regulatory, Med Affairs, GCD NS and on-market teams, the development and implementation of the NS Communication Strategy for internal and external stakeholders, including for key AD and Movement Disorder congresses and patient organizations
- Pharma, biotech, or consultant firm experience is required
- 5+ years of experience with successful track record in pharma marketing
- Previous Commercial Development, Pipeline Management, Marketing and/or Consulting roles required
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in Neuroscience is a plus
- Experience working with external partners is preferred
- Strong, proven analytical and strategic marketing skills as well as scientific understanding
- Strong financial acumen
- Candidate is organized with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with matrix-based teams
- Excellent command of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Self-starter, collaborative and proactively drives projects toward successful completion
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence', can change the course quickly where indicated, and demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively, possess high degree of planning, coordination, project management skills, with demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement, and demonstrates the ability to lead through ambiguity.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Demonstrates the ability to make the complex easy for others to understand
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence, positive attitude, diplomacy, maintenance of confidentiality, organizational savvy, and outstanding collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Embraces Abbvie and GCD culture of excellence
- Executes highly effective working meetings and is visibly inclusive and transparent in all he/she does.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled