Senior Director, Project Management
Summary of the Position
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking a Senior Director, Project Management in their South San Francisco office, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Technical Operations. The position will be responsible for all aspects of project planning and activity tracking for Catalyst Biosciences drug development programs. The position will be responsible for ensuring that cross-functional program activities are aligned and integrated. The position will work closely with Senior Management, Project Leads and Team Members. This is a key leadership role that contributes to both the short-term tactical and longer-term strategic success of the company.
- Provide advanced project management support to complex drug development projects, including action item tracking, organization and communication materials
- Apply advanced project management principles and techniques to develop multiple project planning scenarios; identifies, monitors, and analyzes business risks
- Provide project leadership by collaborating closely with each functional area to ensure projects are moving effectively toward their milestones.
- Contribute to the creation of Project Management (PM) budgets and resource estimates for functional area, provide oversight of resources, and contribute to the management of the PM budget
- Inform senior management of operational, budgetary and resource concerns in a timely fashion
- Assemble comprehensive Gantt charts including specific resource allocation for all preclinical and clinical-stage programs integrating cross-functional activities to validate the project plans
- Review Gantt charts (or derivative PowerPoint charts) with team members on a regular basis to update, provide reminders, identify critical path items and develop action plans to solve critical issues.
- Provide and manage regular program-wide dashboards for each development program to the senior management team
- Work with project leaders, manage the preparation of program-wide development plans including preclinical, manufacturing, clinical development, regulatory, quality, business development, and finance management directed toward regulatory approval
- Work with preclinical, clinical and CMC sub-teams and other contributors to identify critical issues, critical path and project overlap
- Identify program-related risks and work with teams to develop mitigation plans
- Ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle
- Apply best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing of projects
- B.S. / M.S. / Ph.D in a related life science discipline required
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 6 years of Project Management experience in drug candidate advancement through Manufacturing, CMC and Clinical activities
- Proven leadership skills, executive presence, maturity, emotional intelligence, and written/oral communication skills
- Strong experience in facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication, and decision making and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Training and experience in use of diverse PM tools, including MS Project, document management systems (e.g. SharePoint, ShareFile, Box)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, minimally US FDA, EU (ROW a plus)
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience working on Global Project Teams preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving with various working assumptions, intangible variables, and incomplete information
- Demonstrated excellence in all of Catalyst’s Core Competencies: Leadership, Innovation, Creativity, Communication, Teamwork, Collaboration, Technical & Professional Knowledge and Initiative.
You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number AH18-185 in the subject line.