VP, Human Resources
VP, Human Resource
4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. 4D Molecular Therapeutics currently has an opportunity available for a hands-on Head of HR to lead the HR function, including the management of recruitment, compensation, performance management, employee relations, organizational development and legal compliance.
Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Counsel senior management in addressing organizational growth issues and develop and implement appropriate strategies for optimizing organizational design
- Develop and implement short and long-term HR strategies to support overall corporate goals
- Manage effective hiring process by appropriately identifying effective and cost-effective candidate sourcing venues (e.g., internet, trade organizations, etc.), establishing constructive working relationships with external recruitment firms, positively marketing 4DMT to external applicants and leading recruitment activities
- Develop and maintain effective internal communications programs and advise management and employees on employee relations issues and consult with legal as appropriate.
- Develop and administer compensation programs to motivate and retain employees and ensure equity within the Company; prepare compensation materials and proposals for Compensation Committee review
- Oversee the management of employee benefit programs such as health, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, EAP, disability, paid time off, 401(k) and other related plans
- Administer performance management, objective-setting, and salary review processes
- Interpret and administer policy and procedures ensuring compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements
- Develop and implement HR best practices as needed
- BS/BA degree in HR or related field required, Master’s preferred, plus 12+ years related experience; Experience working within the biopharmaceutical industry required
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, practices and trends as well as understanding of HR functional areas
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws required Strong Proficiency in using Microsoft based applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and HRIS
- Ability to multi-task, and manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, results oriented with hands on skills; ability to work independently and proactively identify and implement best HR practices
- Must be approachable and ability to build positive working relationships across the company
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionally address sensitive employee relations issues
4DMT offers competitive and comprehensive benefit and compensation plans as well as an entrepreneurial, science driven and collaborative work environment. Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.