Director, Forecasting and Decision Analytics
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene and cell therapy approach. This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategy Insights and Analytics and will be responsible for the development of models and analytics supporting our commercial opportunity assessments, business unit and long-range asset forecasts. The role will be a part of the integrated commercial teams working closely with Market Insights, Commercial Brand Leads, BU Heads, Finance, Manufacturing and other integrated functions to understand and model commercial opportunities and deliver effective decision support solutions. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy, informing strategic plans for potentially transformational care for patients with serious and ultra-rare disease.
About the Role:
About the Role:
- Partner with Brand Teams, Market Insights and Finance to develop demand forecasts and valuation analysis for bluebird's portfolio of products in Treatment Dependent Thalassemia, Cerebral Andrenoleukodystrophy, Sickle Cell Disease, Multiple Myeloma and other future indications.
- Develop near-term and long-term forecasts informing strategic portfolio planning, valuation and supply chain decisions; maintain formal approved forecasts (source of truth).
- Oversee/coordinate the development of local and regional launch forecasts with clear articulation of opportunities and risks within a given geography.
- Ensure models are based on sound assumptions; maintain up to date and concise assumption documentation and develop predictive drivers for translation into short-term and long-term forecasts.
- Translate the results of primary research and other insights into forecast assumptions.
- Provide unbiased explanation of forecast variance and assumption changes.
- Identify and contextualize critical business issues, frame and quantify strategic business decisions.
- Deliver effective decision support solutions that influence brand, franchise and company strategies.
- Stay up to date on novel forecasting and decision analytic methodologies and processes.
- 8-10 years quantitative/analytical experience that includes biotech/biopharma forecasting and decision analytics.
- Proficient in forecasting pipeline, launch and in-line products in rare and ultra-rare diseases across global markets.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience in gathering, interpreting and analyzing data to address complex business questions.
- Demonstrated ability to construct intuitive analytical models to address business questions and to effectively communicate model output and decision implications.
- Demonstrated ability to present disparate and complex data in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to work across geographies and collaborate cross functionally.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.