Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Upstream Process Development
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit a Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Upstream Process Development to join our expanding team. The scope of the position and requirements are described below.
The Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist is responsible for cell culture process development of recombinant proteins. This person will perform bioreactor studies using the ambr250 automated bioreactor system and 10L bench scale bioreactors and will also be responsible for harvest filtration studies. The successful candidate effectively executes experiments and clearly communicates the results through presentations and internal reports. This person will also perform tech transfer and manufacturing oversight of CMOs. This position will also contribute to supporting cell line development activities. This person will work closely with Downstream Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Assurance. This position reports to the Associate Director, Upstream Process Development.
- Execute cell culture process development and characterization experiments using ambr250 and 10L bioreactors
- Perform studies on the inoculum expansion process and harvest filtration
- Transfer processes to contract manufacturing sites
- Provide person-in-plant (PIP) support for critical manufacturing operations
- Contribute to cell line development activities
- Maintain key lab instrumentation
- Document all work in clearly written and well-organized lab notebooks
- Analyze and present results in meetings and prepare internal reports
- Interact with Downstream Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Assurance teams
- Senior Research Associate: B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biology, or other relevant life sciences field with 4 years of relevant industry experience for B.S. and 2 years for M.S.
- Associate Scientist: B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biology, or other relevant life sciences field with 6 years of relevant industry experience for B.S. and 4 years for M.S.
- Must have hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture process development or cell line development
- Proficiency with bioreactors is preferred
- Familiarity with statistical design of experiment (DoE) is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high-quality results on tight timelines
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willingness to work in a dynamic and changing corporate environment
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to CMCcareers@allakos.com.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.