Clinical Lab Technician (PCR, NGS, Illumina, Sequencing, Clinical, ASCP)
**Candidate MUST have at least 1 year of CLINICAL lab experience**
The ideal Molecular Lab Technician is responsible for performing clinical laboratory test procedures following standard operating (SOP) and quality assurance (QA) procedures. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a team committed to Clinical Sequencing Services.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with Agilent hybridization-capture and Illumina sequencer operation desired. Training available!
- Conduct Next generation sequencing (NGS) protocols including, but not limited to, sample QC, PCR, library preparation, sequence capture, and sequencer operation.
- Write, review, revise, and follow SOPs within the electronic document management system.
- Perform accurate and timely data entry into LIMS to ensure accurate sample tracking.
- Perform equipment maintenance, calibration, QC, and proficiency testing.
- B.S in Molecular Biology, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related
- 2 years of CLINICAL LABORATORY EXPERIENCE - experience with PCR or Next-generation sequencing (NGS) or Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) is preferred.
- Recent BS level graduates with a Molecular Technology ASCP certification will be considered!
- Experience with Agilent hybridization-capture and Illumina sequencer operation desired.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.