Associate Scientist: Cell Line Development
Celltheon Corporation is a growing Biotech company located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are dedicated to developing cutting edge mammalian expression technologies to enable development of biologics for the Biotech/ Pharma industry. We also offer our clients a diverse range of technical expertise from molecular biology, cell line development, and generation of pre-clinical material for in vivo studies. Celltheon employees enjoy the benefit of having the opportunity to work in a diverse challenging and technical environment with a chance to learn and contribute in multiple areas, offering both personal and professional growth in a short time frame. Celltheon seeks talented, dedicated individuals to join its growing team. Celltheon offers a competitive salary and benefits program. If you desire a position in an active, collaborative scientific environment with the opportunity for professional growth and contribution, we welcome your application!
Our website: http://www.celltheon.com
Celltheon is seeking an innovative, independent and motivated professional with 3-4 years of experience and expertise in mammalian expression technologies including cell line development of monoclonal antibodies and other recombinant proteins. The successful candidate will join a team of scientists focused on stable transfection optimization, single cell subcloning, cell banking, and process optimization.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· 3-4 years of hands on industry experience with CHO cell line development is preferred. An ideal candidate understands basic cell line development procedures and technologies for transfection, resistance selection, cell counting, clonality documentation, cell passaging, clone selection, clone stability assessment, media adaptation, media and feed preparation, cryopreservation, and processes development to improve expression.
· Technical expertise: Scientific understanding of the industry and a general knowledge of the products and technologies needed for screening and clone selection workflows and processes.
· Communication: Regularly gives written status updates on assigned tasks. Interprets and effectively communicates scientific findings / results in one-on-one and/or group discussions and summarize results for presentations.
· Data maintenance and interpretation: Collects and compiles data and records in laboratory notebooks, ensuring they are consistently updated, audited, and well maintained.
· Performance and Management: Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in the performance of experiments and method development procedures. Ability to train and manage direct reports and delegate tasks to assistants.
· Master’s Degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing, Bioscience or a related subject
· 3-4 years of relevant industry experience in CHO Cell Line Development
· Understanding of GxP compliance is preferred.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing.
· Ability to lift/ carry ~50 pounds and work in a biosafety cabinet are required.
- Ability and desire to be a good team-player of a project team.