Scientist - Drug discovery
Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented professionals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer an excellent long-term opportunity with our client, a leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry, located in San Diego, CA.
- This position is a long-term, typically multi-year opportunity through Kelly OCG (The Outsourcing & Consulting Group of Kelly Services). The position also comes with a full enhanced benefits package through Kelly Services that includes 401K, health insurance, 2 weeks of PTO per year, 1 week of sick time per year, and paid holidays.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. The Screening department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas.
Major activities include HTS assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting small molecule compound screening campaigns and routine SAR profiling.
- Job duties include tissue culture, preparation of reagents, compound handling, plate inventory, data analysis, and documenting in electronic lab notebook.
- The successful candidate will be able to handle multiple assays and cell lines simultaneously and distill and communicate results to therapeutic teams.
- The position requires great attention to details, troubleshooting capability and flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related field with 3+ years of laboratory experience are required.
- Expertise with biochemical and cell-based assays using methods such as imaging, luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance and radiometric detection in high density formats eg. 384 well are required.
- Experience in tissue culture and high throughput lab automation liquid handlers, washers and acoustic dispensers are required.
- Experience with database interface and data analysis using Excel, Prism, Genedata and/or Spotfire are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Apply Now for immediate feedback! We look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity!