Scientist I, High Throughput Mass Spectrometry
We are seeking a talented and motivated drug discovery scientist who will support small molecule discovery using mass spectrometry. You will develop and implement affinity selection mass spectrometry (ASMS) methods as part of hit validation from our DNA Encoded Library and Virtual Screening platforms to rapidly access chemical matter that modulates targets within the ubiquitin proteome system (UPS). You will use your strong understanding of protein biochemistry to inform the development of assays to assess novel protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators. You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or another relevant life science
- Expertise in mass spectrometry techniques; relevant training with ASMS is especially desired
- Experience with operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of qTOF and sQ mass spectrometers and associated separation techniques (LC, SEC, SPE)
- Familiarity with intact mass protein MS, and characterization of protein-small molecule adducts
- Experience with the execution of biochemical and/or biophysical assays for evaluation of small molecule modulators
- Desire to lead initiatives in platform building and technology development
- Solid track record of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments in a matrix setting
Secondary but desirable qualifications:
- Familiarity with spreadsheet management and software such as Spotfire and DotMatics
- Understanding of principles and practice of DNA encoded library technology
- Expertise in interrogating biochemical mechanism of action, especially for proteins of the UPS
To apply, please go to Nurix’s website: http://www.nurix-inc.com/careers/