Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SCIENTIST/ RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join our small analytical / bioanalytical oligonucleotide chemistry group.
- Analysis of synthetic oligonucleotides utilized in preclinical studies
- Analytical and bioanalytical method development
- Troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation and reporting of results into existing database
- Significant, hands-on laboratory-based effort will be expected
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemistry or Biology
- Have a strong background in analytical chemistry or experience with synthetic oligonucleotides
- Have practical knowledge of HPLC, mass spectrometry or capillary electrophoresis
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work successfully as part of a team
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 18-0199
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.