Service Operations Consultant
The Service Operations Consultant is accountable for validating that the production processes and quality metrics are in place and operational for all high risk and complexity Applications. This role provides governance and oversight for all critical production services along with support and prioritization for the delivery of Application Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as primary delivery contact for audit requests. Responsible for driving specific audit remediation actions and fixes with Service Provider and Technology Domain teams. Ensure that all the IT systems are complaint with SOX, PCI, PII etc.
- Provides input and feedback for Applications Business Impact Analysis definition and requirements. Reviews the Application Disaster Recovery plans and ensure that the service providers exercise test drills and execute the plan as designed. Assists providers in coordinating with 3rd party hosting or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers on recovery capabilities
- Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition process is fully executed by the provider. Provides input into the Change, Release and Deployment management processes and schedules to ensure minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business
- Reviews and approves the Service Providers application and technical documentation such as Request for Change, operating procedures and technical and non-technical specifications.
- Evaluates and approves the Service Providers reported trends and the process improvement recommendations to identify areas where preventative maintenance might be performed to improve Applications performance and efficiency.
- Responsible for reviewing the service provider Service Level Agreements and participating in any action plans that are required to address any deviations and/or improvement opportunities with the supplier. Helps manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and support activities
- Performs daily reviews of ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents and adjusts priorities as needed to ensure that ticket processing and the Problem Management engines are performing within expected operated parameters
- Seeks ways to reduce Business As Usual application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production. Ensures that year over year total cost of ownership continuous improvement goals are achieved. Identifies additional opportunities to reduce maintenance and support total cost of ownership
- Serves as primary AbbVie contact point and first level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with Cross-functional, Build and Infrastructure teams
- Ensure that all critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Service Transition, Audit, Validation and Compliance and Disaster Recovery are executed as appropriate.Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition processes are fully executed. Provides input and feedback into the Change, Release and Deployment processes and schedules ensuring minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business.
- Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer EngineeringPreferred: Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Required: Minimum of 6 years of combined experience in Information Technology
- Preferred: Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Strong problem resolution skills
- Required: Proven experience with Application outsourcing and terminology such as Minor Enhancements, ARC's/RRC's, Service Level Management and Vendor Management
- Preferred: Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Preferred: Knowledge of (could be a platform or a vertical such as Oracle, or Life Sciences Pharmaceutical Research and Development or Financial application technologies, etc.).
- Preferred: Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Cost Optimization, Demand and Release and Deployment Management
- Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification and/or ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Preferred: Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA's).• Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment