Analyst, Business Systems
The Business System Analyst are individual contributors to the development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to system projects. The position has the responsibility for the management of applications and data residing in the application. The Business Systems Analyst maintain the application's data and monitor performance and accessibility. The position will be instrumental in the development, identification and implementation of system modifications that will improve productivity within the system(s).
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, work flow procedures, and data modeling. Negotiates plans, time frames and trade-offs while ensuring client understands the final results of the project.
- Reviews and routes requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Communicates system changes and issues to next level of management.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools and materials. Involved with the Purchasing Systems Manager regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation.
- Produces requirements for mainframe reports, time lines, and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer. Creates reports from existing client databases to satisfy user requests, development of ad-hoc database reporting, data sampling, project analysis, or testing verification.
- Monitors and audits the use of the systems; executes system control practices and purchasing procedures for regulatory and compliance.
- Accountable to the purchasing customer and purchasing management for the control and administration of purchasing systems. Systems implemented must meet projected timelines and customer expectations. The incumbent supports various mainframe, Lotus Notes, stand-alone applications, divisional interfaced systems that impact the overall purchasing process.
- College degree in Information Systems, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.