Research Associate/Senior Research Associate Protein Purification and Analytics
Aragen Bioscience, Inc. is a contract research organization that provides a diversity of service offerings including molecular and cellular biology, stable cell line development, protein purification and process development as well as customized immunology and pre-clinical in vivo services.
We are seeking a motivated professional with experience in the purification and characterization of recombinant proteins. A strong working knowledge of downstream process development and final product characterization is required. A broad knowledge of protein chemistry and enzymology is desired. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to diligently and expertly handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and generate accurate documentation.
Requirements for the position include:
- BS or MS in biochemistry or related field or comparable experience.
- At least five years of relevant industry experience.
- Has routinely performed SDS-PAGE, IEF-PAGE, Native-PAGE, Western Blot, colorimetric protein quantitation assays, ELISA, chromogenic activity assays and UV spectrophotometry.
- Hands-on experience on the use of diverse chromatographic resins, on column packing, on ultrafiltraion and diafiltration (UF/DF), on cell culture harvest clarification and on sterile techniques.
- Program, operate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment such as AKTA purification systems such as Purifier and Pure, AKTA flux cross flow filtration system and Agilent 1100 HPLC.
- Familiarity on operating capillary electrophoresis and mass spec equipment a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain detailed written records.
- Ability to work independently as a member of a matrixed team in a fast paced laboratory environment.
- Managerial experience and familiarity with cGMPs are highly desired.
Aragen Bioscience provides a challenging work environment in which talented employees expand their technical skills and scientific knowledge and contribute directly to the ongoing success of the organization. The Company is located in Morgan Hill, California, at the south end of the Silicon Valley. We offer excellent salary and benefits. Aragen is an equal opportunity employer.