The Flight Engineer reports to the Director of Aviation Maintenance. Responsible for flying on corporate aircraft during international travel, they will provide technical expertise during in-flight and AOG situations along with tending to the comfort and safety needs of passengers to include serving food and beverages. While conducting appropriate cabin management practices, the Flight Engineer will have a solid understanding of on-board communication systems to include satellite TV, internet, and Iridium phone systems. While at home station, the flight engineer will perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, launch/recovery support, and proper documentation of company aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturers' inspection and maintenance programs, and Department and Company policy. The Flight Engineer will be a dynamic role to ensure the utmost quality criteria of company aircraft.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspections, engine runs and taxi operations that conform to the standards established by the Company, regulations, and industry best practices
- Availability to work nights, weekends, or flexible hours as determined by flight schedule (24/7 Operation)
- Ability to optimize aircraft dispatch reliability and operational availability through the role of Flight Engineer during international travel
- Act as passenger service provider and safety coordinator. Requires training in evacuation procedures, medical aid, passenger service, and food handling procedures
- Ensure cabin configuration and associated management functions are performed in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of all onboard passenger service equipment, to include DVD player, SatCom, Aircell, BBML, and Airshow systems and applications
- Oversee that work performed by contract maintenance facilities is accomplished and properly documented in accordance with FAA and AbbVie department requirements
- Provide active participation in the Department Safety Management System (SMS) and involvement in obtaining bi-annual certification through IS-BAO (International Standard- Business Aircraft Operations).
- Assist in maintaining spare parts inventory; including ordering, shipping and receiving.
To perform the role of Flight Engineer, candidates will need to hold talents and capabilities in the following areas:
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues in time-sensitive situations
- Have thorough understanding of avionics/electrical/computer systems
- Provide a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with the use of technology and computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office and related business applications i.e. CMP
- Pursue on-going technical training and remain cognizant of industry advancements through conferences and seminars
- Associates Degree required - Bachelor's Degree preferred (May substitute with experience
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required, Inspection Authorization preferred
- NCATT certification preferred
- Five years of business aviation maintenance and avionics experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled