Associate OpEx Lead
POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate OpEx Lead is responsible for promoting the development of OPEX capability and culture by promoting the use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and change management, so that the goals of the department are achieved and in line with the OpEx and Syracuse site vision.
Promote OPEX Capability within departments including, but not limited to:
- Support for Yellow Belts and kaizens
- Coaching on OPEX tools, projects, and behaviors within the department including ways to improve performance and efficiency within the department.
- Assist with the development of visual management.
- Challenges the status quo and believes that processes can and should be improved.
Advocate engagement with Operational Excellence through:
- Idea generation and identification and elimination of waste to support cost savings and productivity improvement goals with a focus on simplification and standardization.
- Communication, information management and promotion of OpEx benefits via OpEx Boards, communication boards, meetings, coaching etc.
- Coordinate the coaching of workshops, projects and teams to achieve desired business benefits.
- Participate on OpEx initiatives to drive OpEx and Syracuse Site Objectives
- Help to build OpEx culture within groups on site
Provide guidance to departments on
- Use of Lean Tools and Lean Thinking (e.g. Gemba, 5S, Standard Work, VSM, etc.)
- Use of change management tools
- Participate in kaizens
Engage in change initiatives to achieve desired business benefits through:
- Waste reduction
- Human error reduction
- Documentation simplification
Other OpEx duties:
- OPEX Communications and Training planning & delivery
- OPEX KPI tracking
- Participate in OpEx strategic planning and execution
- Participate in overall OpEx Governance and programs
- Keep abreast of best practices and improvement opportunities in OpEx by networking within BMS and also with external companies and industry bodies.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- Demonstrates competencies of leadership, communication skills, teamwork, problem solving
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to challenge ways of working
- Commitment to the BioPharma Behaviors, compliance and continuous improvement
- A thorough understanding of biologics manufacturing / plant operations
- Knowledge of cGMP, regulatory, and safety guidelines
- Ability to drive change
- BS in related discipline with minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
- MS in related discipline with 0-2 years BMS/relevant experience
- Yellow Belt certification or equivalent