Research Investigator, Analytics Innovation, Translational Bioinformatics Oncology
We are seeking innovative scientists to join our Immuno-Oncology Translational Bioinformatics group. This group of computational scientists is responsible for advancing Bristol-Myers Squibb's industry-leading Immuno-Oncology pipeline through the strategic application of cutting-edge bioinformatics approaches. The scientists in this group analyze real-world health data, design experiments and analyze both pre-clinical and clinical-omics data sets, including RNA-Seq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single-cell sequencing, high-throughput proteomics, and multiplex flow cytometry in order to nominate novel drug targets, enable patient enrichment strategies, and guide drug development decisions. The group interacts with and influences all aspects of R&D at BMS, from early discovery through late-stage development as a key part of our Translational Medicine group.
- Define and execute analysis plans to address scientific questions using internal and external datasets (including: RNASeq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single cell sequencing, high throughput proteomics, multiplex flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry)
- Collaborate with other bioinformaticians, statisticians, biologists and clinicians to implement and execute bioinformatics analysis
- Communicate results to key stakeholders and contribute to scientific publications
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, engineering, statistics, molecular biology, genetics, or similar with 0+ years of industry experience
- Strong publication record
- Strong experience in the use of a high-level programming language such as R, MATLAB, Python or Perl for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, rigorous and creative thinking
- Strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects
- The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole. Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization
- Background in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology and/or experience working with clinical trial data is a plus