Director/Senior Director, Investor Relations
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions. Urovant is a nimble company with an entrepreneurial focus on improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant's lead product candidate, vibegron, is a β3-adrenergic agonist being developed for an oral, once-daily treatment for overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and urinary frequency.
Urovant's second investigational product candidate, hMaxi-K, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), the Director/Senior Director, Investor Relations is responsible for developing and executing the global Investor Relations program that accurately reflects the company’s performance, vision, and strategy. This position will lead the day-to-day formulation and execution of short and long-term external and internal investor communications plans to support Urovant’s strategic business objectives.
Key responsibilities and priorities are:
- Drive and manage the visibility and presence of the company as the authoritative central source and liaison of Urovant’s financial news, financial information and perspectives needed by the investing public.
- Effectively translate and articulate Urovant’s scientific roadmap, vision, and strategy in order to provide appropriate transparency and positioning in the market.
- Build and develop strong relationships within the investor community and maintain open, two-way lines of communication.
- Educate and update investors and analysts by creating balanced and consistent investment messaging in partnership with the appropriate senior leadership; drive a prompt, proactive and data-driven communications approach to ensure the investor community is informed/engaged.
- With the CEO and CAO, develop and execute long-range target investor plans; lead outreach efforts to find, support, and encourage existing and prospective investors by broadening awareness and interest through company visits, non-deal road shows, analyst days and conferences.
- Provide outwardly-in financial modeling and guidance of Urovant’s current and projected financial performance.
- Responsible for corporate and investor communication strategies. Includes the preparation, approvals and the timely dissemination of all news releases, annual reports, investor website, presentations and various other reports and investor collateral information.
- Plans and manages investor events, meetings, roadshows, property tours and conference calls.
- Oversee media relations for the company.
- Plan and manage quarterly earnings releases and conference calls, develop key/critical themes and issues to be presented, work closely with the executive staff to communicate strategies, direct earnings press release development, drive practice sessions, conference call scripts, decks and Q&A materials.
- Partner with corporate development, financial reporting, marketing, legal and Executive team members on developing consistent, accurate messaging across constituencies.
- Lead the policy, establishment, and maintenance of the IR website; providing clarity to the company’s strategy, and context to its vision and execution.
- Track and report to management on financial performance of competitors relying on press reports, conference calls, investor presentations, and SEC filings.
- Brief the CEO, CAO and management team, and provide counsel on matters affecting Urovant’s relationships with the investment community; ensure compliance with SEC regulations; report on market conditions, opinions, attitude and sentiment towards Urovant.
- Monitor security analysts’ research and earnings estimates, stock price movement, ownership analysis and monitor trading data.
- Manage internal consensus models and evaluate Wall Street estimates, stock positions and buy/sell trends.
- Lead crisis communication initiatives, including drafting, editing and cross-functional collaboration.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline. Master’s degree in Business Administration highly desirable.
- 10 + years of investor relations and/or buy/sell-side analyst experience; Wall Street experience required.
- Technical undergraduate degree is required; CFA, CPA or MBA is highly desirable.
- Proven experience, orientation and relationships within the biotech industry required with a strong deep understanding of drug development.
- Knowledge of Reg. FD and other SEC regulations relating to SEC reporting.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations relating to drug development, trials and the FDA approval process.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Needs to be intuitive, strategic, and a conceptual global thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communicator both written and oral, with the ability to articulate strategy and vision to create excitement and interest in Urovant Sciences.
- An outstanding reputation with the investment community, based on credibility, consistency, visibility, access, and depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Established relationships with buy and sell-side analysts and institutional investors and the ability to establish new relationships/credibility quickly.
- Outstanding financial and investment analysis acumen, deep understanding and use of current financial modeling techniques, excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong executive/interpersonal presence and ability.
- An effective leader with a strong bias towards action.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the team.
- Strong results orientation.
- Ability to relocate to Headquarters, located in Irvine, California.
- 35-45% travel as necessary.
Learn more at http://www.urovant.com